Problem with Quantam SCSI HD and DTC controller

Problem with Quantam SCSI HD and DTC controller

Post by Barry Wat » Sat, 11 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have a problem with my DTC SCSI controller and Quantam Empire 2100-S hard
drive on boot.  The SCSI controller is recognized, but with the hard drive
connected it gives a time-out and fails to boot due to an in-sync error.
With the SCSI card enable but without the hard drive, it boots fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Barry

1. DTC 3280 SCSI Controller

Is there a driver or a workaround for the DTC 3280 SCSI Controller.
It appears it's one of those controllers that noone supports (due
to some NDA with DTC).  Is there something available, or do I get
to replace my card?  I've checked the FAQ, and I know what *it* says;
I'm looking for another possible solution.

Note: This is posted to the Linux and BSD question groups.  I'm not
particular to either os; if neither work, it's a moot point!

Posting is fine.  I try to keep up with both of 'em.

TIA,

Vince.

             220+ Coordinator Michigan Area Repeater Council
NOTE: UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL EMAIL WILL BE FORWARDED TO YOUR SYS ADMIN
# include <std/disclaimers.h>

2. multi boot system

3. DTC 3270 VLB SCSI controller

4. How can I swap Caps Lock and Control keys?

5. Help with DTC 3270 SCSI CONTROLLER

6. Which portable for easy RH Linux use??

7. DTC 3150v SCSI Controller

8. qpopper RPM?

9. Does DTC 327 OVL SCSI Controller work??

10. DTC SCSI Controller

11. DTC SCSI CONTROLLER

12. Comtrade, DTC EISA/SCSI-II controller for Linux, yes/no?

13. Is Linux support DTC scsi controller?