SVGA beta D and Trident 9680

Post by Jason von Nied » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Okay, I m having trouble finding the new beta of SVGA that includes support for the
Tridet 9440, i am told this will also support the 9680, is this true?
If so, where can I find the server?
Also, is there a reason there isnt a VESA server for Linux, for all the
MANY cards that support the VESA standard?
--
                                           Jason von Nieda

                                           http://www.voicenet.com/~vonnieda

"Just cause you're paranoid don't mean they aren't after you." - Nirvana

SVGA beta D and Trident 9680

Post by David A Davids » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Okay, I m having trouble finding the new beta of SVGA that includes support for the
: Tridet 9440, i am told this will also support the 9680, is this true?
: If so, where can I find the server?
: Also, is there a reason there isnt a VESA server for Linux, for all the
: MANY cards that support the VESA standard?
: --

check ftp.xfree86.org

SVGA beta D and Trident 9680

Post by Robert Schaef » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Okay, I m having trouble finding the new beta of SVGA that includes support for the
>Tridet 9440, i am told this will also support the 9680, is this true?
>If so, where can I find the server?
>Also, is there a reason there isnt a VESA server for Linux, for all the
>MANY cards that support the VESA standard?
>--

Try looking at ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/beta/  That should
point you to the directory.  If it complains, it just means I got the
path worng, shorten it down until it works.  Its a very easy path to
follow.  Yes it should support the 9680 as well.

The reason VESA isn't supported has to do with the BIOS on the card not
understanding something about the mode the processor is in under Linux.
(namely protected mode, instead of real mode)  I don't fully understand
all of the details, but that's the basics of it.

Bob Schaefer

SVGA beta D and Trident 9680

Post by William Ba » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Okay, I m having trouble finding the new beta of SVGA that includes support for the
: Tridet 9440, i am told this will also support the 9680, is this true?

yup...

: If so, where can I find the server?

xfree.org, but i believe i ftp'd mine from rochester, ny's gas&electric
company (sorry, can't remember the address/URL)... i'd try one of xfree's
mirrors...

hope this helps...

  ***** **  Asst. Chief, Recruit Advertising            703/235-8628 (voice)
 ***** **  U.S. Coast Guard Recruiting Center             703/235-1268 (fax)
***** **  4200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 450, Arlington, Va. 22203-1804 (US Snail)

1. Any using Trident 9680 chip set in SVGA?

Hello,
        I am new to SCO ( Yeah, the free version ). I have a PCI card with
a Trident 9680 chip on it. SCO does not appear to support the card directly,
does any know the changes need to be made for the card to use 1024X768
resolution? Has anyone done this?

Thanks, Robert

2. XftGlyphCheck, XftGlyphLoad

3. SVGA Trident 9680 Card/CTX Monitor Configuration.

4. Sig 11 problem

5. Video drivers for trident 9680 SVGA card

6. Linux-Activists Digest #469

7. TRIDENT 9680(TGUI 9680)

8. HELP: installing solaris 2.3

9. x--trident 9680, mouse frozen

10. XF86 3.3 on Trident 9680

11. Does a TRIDENT 9680 or a S3 Vision864 video card work?

12. Trident 9680 video card driver ?

13. Trident 9680 + X leaving me garbled!