IBM ServeRaid Controller

Post by Klaus Peterse » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 01:35:06

Hi,

i have a problem concerning the installation of the IBM ServeRaid
Controller under SuSE 7.1 and 7.3.

I want to install on the to the ServeRaid controller attached hd the
rootpartion - there is no other harddrive in the computer.

The module ips works fine, atleast SuSE detects it automatically, but no
harddrive/partition is found by the setup programm, so I can't proceed the
installation.

I updated the firmware, so this can't be the problem.

thx in advance,

Klaus

--
The box said "Requires Win95, NT, or better," and so I installed Linux.

1. Hardware support: IBM ServeRAID controllers

Hi,

I was wondering wether anyone had any experience using IBM ServeRAID
controllers with OpenBSD. I've checked the 'Supported hardware' list,
and it wasn't mentioned there. A post on usenet from half a year ago
shows there was a plan to support this controllers:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=fa.fepabiv.lh...

Does anybody know the current status of this plan?
Or does anybody has any experience using these cards with OpenBSD?

Thanks.

Eric

2. How to see benefits of SMP?

3. IBM ServeRAID Controller Cards

4. Callbacks

5. Driver for IBM ServeRaid SCSI Controller

6. crazy but interesting.

7. controller RAID IBM ServeRaid

8. invalid socket

9. IBM-ServeRaid Raid-Controller - how to get disks' status?

10. Driver for SCSI IBM ServeRAID for IBM Netfinity 5500 ?

11. Linux, IBM and the IBM ServeRAID RIAD Adapter

12. ServeRAID controller problem

13. Netfinity ServeRAID SCSI Controller