motherboard with on-board scsi

Post by J?rgen Persso » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Any recommendations for a good motherboard with on-board scsi.

Chipset: Intel BX
Kernel: 2.2.3
Dist.: Redhat 5.2

I was thinking of AOpen AX6B+ but heard there was some problems.

--
J?rgen Persson
Sysadmin, TLTH

motherboard with on-board scsi

Post by Gary J Sanderso » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I run an ASUS P2B-S with RH5.2 and have no probs at all...

HTH, Gary.

motherboard with on-board scsi

Post by Jason McKnigh » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have an ASUS P2B-DS. No problems. Linux loves it!

> Any recommendations for a good motherboard with on-board scsi.

> Chipset: Intel BX
> Kernel: 2.2.3
> Dist.: Redhat 5.2

> I was thinking of AOpen AX6B+ but heard there was some problems.

> --
> J?rgen Persson
> Sysadmin, TLTH

motherboard with on-board scsi

Post by Andreas Hofman » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Chaintech 6BTS
onboard AIC-7880
4 DIMM Slots

cheaper than ASUS, Linux runs fine

Andreas

Quote:>Any recommendations for a good motherboard with on-board scsi.

>Chipset: Intel BX
>Kernel: 2.2.3
>Dist.: Redhat 5.2

>I was thinking of AOpen AX6B+ but heard there was some problems.

>--
>J?rgen Persson
>Sysadmin, TLTH

1. BX motherboards with on-board SCSI

Are there any that are favorites of Linux fans?
For whatever reason, I read a lot of complaints about such MoBos
even though their SCSI-less versions are rock solid.
A case in point is Asus P2B-S vs. P2B.

I'd like to buy a new BX MoBo with an UW or U2W Adaptec chip on it,
mainly to save over buying a separate SCSI adapter, plus saving a slot.
But it has to work with Linux, too.

Has anybody discovered such a mainboard?

Thanks,
Joe P.

2. Dual Internet connections

3. NCR53c810 SCSI on-board a PSD-486 motherboard (saturn chipset) -> crash... ?

4. Tiff.h files for HPUX

5. On-board Motherboard Modem (Motherboard=748MLRT) - does it work with Linux?

6. Setup Microsoft 3 button mouse

7. On-board aic7896 Ultra2 SCSI board error

8. couldn't set locale correctly ??

9. Asus P2B-S motherboard with on-board Adaptec AIC-7890

10. Gigabyte 7ZX-1 motherboard on-board sound

11. ASUS motherboard w/ on-board Adaptec 2940UW

12. X on SiS motherboard with on-board VGA

13. q: which X server for SIS P54SB Motherboard (on-board VGA)