Help! --Can I set the display frequence in Linux enviroment

Help! --Can I set the display frequence in Linux enviroment

Post by David Wan » Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to change my monitor's display frequence from 60HZ to 85 HZ
 My monitor is supported to display on 85HZ),

If can, how should I do?

The software enviroment: Red Hat 6.1 and Gnome

Help! --Can I set the display frequence in Linux enviroment

Post by Dances With Cro » Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:48:13 -0700, David Wang

Quote:>Is it possible to change my monitor's display frequence from 60HZ to 85 HZ
> My monitor is supported to display on 85HZ),
>If can, how should I do?
>The software enviroment: Red Hat 6.1 and Gnome

0. become root
1. run Xconfigurator
2. choose your monitor from a list, or enter the Hsync and Vsync rates of
the monitor if your monitor's not on the list.  The Hsync/Vsync
information is in your monitor's manual.
3. restart X.

The marketing for the monitor may have said something like "85
Hz! [fineprint]at 640x480[/fineprint] so beware.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows              \###| You have me mixed up with more
There is no Darkness in Eternity         \##| creative ways of being stupid?

Help! --Can I set the display frequence in Linux enviroment

Post by H Dziardzi » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:09:59 -0700, "David Wang"

>Thank you for your kindly help, However, I have choose the right model and
>vendor of my monitor --> Sony Multiscan 15sfII and also try it in manully
>setting way, but it doesn't use the 75KHz for my monitor. It just use 60KHz
>for 800X600 16Bit. I am wondering if I can choose higher frequence by
>modifying the XF86Config file directly or something else? If it is possible,
>which section should I use?

Assuming the monitor vertical and horizontal frequencies are correct
and for the Sony sf2 my records show  50-120Hz and 31-65Khz
respectively, this seems to be a card/chipset setting limitation.
If the refresh is more than 75Hz at 8bpp at  the chipset-clock is the
factor.

Try looking at the X server output whem it starts ie at the command
line type X >& /tmp/xout.txt.  The server will oblige you with reasons
for not using certain configurations.
Good luck.

Help! --Can I set the display frequence in Linux enviroment

Post by David Wan » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have sovled the problem by manully specified the chipset-clock and got
800X600 16Bit 100HZ . Thank you for your help.
Quote:

> Assuming the monitor vertical and horizontal frequencies are correct
> and for the Sony sf2 my records show  50-120Hz and 31-65Khz
> respectively, this seems to be a card/chipset setting limitation.
> If the refresh is more than 75Hz at 8bpp at  the chipset-clock is the
> factor.

> Try looking at the X server output whem it starts ie at the command
> line type X >& /tmp/xout.txt.  The server will oblige you with reasons
> for not using certain configurations.
> Good luck.

1. Need Help on setting up getty for dial-ins

HELP!!!

I read the serial howto and installed getty_ps, and I cannot get my linux
box to pick up the phone when i dial into it.  Can someone out there who
has done this successfully PLEASE help me.

This is the corresponding line from /etc/inittab:

cua1:unknown:/etc/uugetty ttyS1 19200 vt100

and this is my /etc/default/uugetty.ttyS1:

VERSION=/proc/version
LOGIN=/bin/login
ISSUE=/etc/issue
CLEAR=NO
HANGUP=YES
INIT="" ATZ1\r
WAITFOR=RING
CONNECT="" ATA\r CONNECT \s\A
ALTLINE=cua1
ALTLOCK=cua1
INITLINE=cua1
TIMEOUT=60

I am using the Yggdrasil Summer '94 distribution of linux.

I need help desperately

Andrew Liles

finger for PGP 2.6 Public Key

2. Xpert 128 card setup

3. Help needed setting enviroment variables

4. Mounting New Filesystem

5. Help, how to set a enviroment variable

6. TDK 12/10/32 CD-Rewriter and Mandrake Linux 8.0

7. I need some help setting up chroot enviroments

8. confused on using pthread

9. Problems with DISPLAY enviroment variable

10. Setting up firewall for dial-ins: How?

11. Setting up Ctrl-Alt-Ins = halt

12. How to set TEXINPUTS enviroment variables?