floppy controlled Conner tape drive

Post by will » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have a file server that is running red hat 6.0.  I attached a conner
tape drive on the second floppy controller, here is the story thus far.
I have tried using rft qft and zft, none of these will recognize the
tape drive.

What I am doing is symlinking /dev/ftape to rft*, qft* or zft* none of
these will work, device not found on system when I do something like mt
-f /dev/ftape rewind

Is it something that I am missing?  If you need to know the specific
tape drive I can pull out and check the labeling. I just don't want to
if I don't have to. :)

I am using the default kernel, I am compiling a new one right after I
write this, but its my understanding this is default support for RedHat
kernels.  Any help would be great thanks.

Will

1. : Can Linux control IDE tape drives (Conner TSM4000A)?

We recently bought a Conner TSM4000A tape drive for a DOS machine and I
was curious if anyone has had any success in controlling IDE tape drives from
Linux?

A quic note about the tape drive (The drive is VERY fast):

       54MB/m theoretical (23MB/m average in DOS)
       2GB native / 4GB compressed
       Uses Sony 3080 QIC-Wide tapes
       Small 3.5" profile

I promise I will post a solution to the newsgroup once I figure out if this
is possible.  Until then, if you know if this is/isn't possible, please

Thanks in advance!

--David

 +----                                                                    ----+

2. ipchains working?

3. Conner QIC-80 "floppy" tape drive

4. Find stable 'yppasswd' package !

5. FTAPE w/ Conner 1.7 gig Floppy Tape

6. compile Pro*COBOL in oracle 8 under HP-UX

7. Floppy controller throughput for floppy tape drives - request

8. Diamond 24X: Higher Rez?

9. Iomega Bernouli Tape 250 floppy tape drive

10. Jumbo-250 Floppy Tape Drive Doesn't Like FujiFilm Tapes

11. using 14gb 8mm tape drive to write tapes for 2gb tape drive

12. FTAPE & Conner Tape Drive Problem...