Impressions serial mouse... middle button won't work

Impressions serial mouse... middle button won't work

Post by Jeff Welc » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I recently purchased my P90 system, and installed linux. I am having
a devil of a time trying to get the middle mouse button to work. Currently,
I have to hit the left and right buttons together to simulate the middle
button.

Help me please!!

Jeff

Post by Alberto Accomaz » Sat, 01 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: I recently purchased my P90 system, and installed linux. I am having
: a devil of a time trying to get the middle mouse button to work. Currently,
: I have to hit the left and right buttons together to simulate the middle
: button.

I'm having a similar problem.  My mouse is supposedly "Microsoft
Compatible" and I tried just about any possible configuration for it
in the XF86config file.  I get it to work fine as a pointer of type
"Microsoft", but no middle mouse activity.

Is there any way to test whether the middle mouse generates any events
under MS Windows or Windows 95?  How can I verify that it's a mouse
problem as opposed to a Linux/XF86 problem?

- Alberto

============
Alberto Accomazzi                       Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory

http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~alberto     Cambridge, MA  02138  USA

1. Impressions serial mouse... middle button won't work

[...]

2. Script to change bcopy to memcpy

3. HELP PLEASE middle mouse button/wheel won't work

4. Looking for a NFS primer

5. Serial mouse middle button not working in X

6. Problem Posting w/ SLRN & Knode on newsguy

7. How to make the middle button work in a 3 button mouse?

8. RH 6.1 on Fujitsu Notebook (Video Problem)?

9. 3-button PS2 mouse on a 390 - middle button not working

10. middle mouse button on three button mice

11. mouseman mouse middle button doesn't work

12. problem with xv (middle mouse button can't work)

13. Middle mouse button doesn't work; XFree86 breaks VGA font