AdB MultiWav! digital i/o card support?

Post by Bryan Lev » Mon, 24 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Right now, I have to use the windows 3.1 driver for this card (yuck!)  I'd
love to be able to read digital audio from this card via linux.  Anyone
working on it?

For those who don't know this card, here's what it does; its an ISA card whose
main job in life it to import/export serialized digital audio in the form of
AES/EBU (pro standard) or S/PDIF (consumer format).  It can take 75ohm coax or
toslink fiber as i/o media.  It will record and play .wav files.  I bought it
to copy my DAT audio tracks to hard disk for edit followed by the creation of
CDR-DA (audio cd's).

While I'm on the subject, are there any good linux .wav editors, similar to
CoolEdit (for windows)?  Again, I'd like to do all my work under linux.  It
would be nice to be able to extend the sound-editing program, since under
linux, chances are good that source is available ;-)

thanks in advance,

--
Bryan Levin

                LINUX: the choice of a GNU generation

1. adb equivalent for Digital Unix Alphas

I was wondering what tool was available for examining object files
under Digital Unix/Alpha in a manner similar to adb on Suns.

Basically I am interested in looking at the implementation of some of their
system calls and contrasting that to Solaris/SPARC implementations.

Also, on the Solaris end I can look at libc.so using adb. On the Alpha
side are there any equivalent shared object files? I am assuming that
any tool available will work only with object files and not with
libraries like libc.a

Thanks,

Saurabh

                              .     .

Motorola, iDEN Development  ..... .....    Voice  : (847) 576-2630
1301 East Algonquin Road   ..   ...   ..   Fax    : (847) 576-3603
Schaumburg, IL 60196      .      .      .  WWW    : http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~sjang

2. RedHat 6.2 NIS client login problem

3. Digital LCD monitor and digital video card

4. Samba and PMFirewall

5. problems with digital de500 e'net card on digital server ...

6. Mount directory two places (like a shortcut?)

7. Digital Audio Labs: Digital Only Card

8. metareplace problem

9. Support of Digital Research video card?

10. Supported sound card with digital input (SP/DIF or optical)?

11. Digital RoamAbout card support under Linux Alpha?

12. Secure Digital Card Linux support

13. XF4.0.1 support for digital video cards?