USR WinModem

Post by Mathew E. Kirsc » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

 > Although Highly unlikely, has any one written a driver for or gotten
 > this modem to work with linux.. I know there are a lot of talented
 > people out there who have some creative ideas..

Well, looking at the posts that say that the Winmodem will never be
supported under Linux that were posted today, I'd have to say no.

USR won't release specs, and even if they did, the modem wouldn't work
in a true multitasking OS like Linux. The winmodem needs 100% of the
system's attention when it is transferring data, and by design, Linux
and other Unix operating systems can not do that.