AHA-2940U2W with Redhat 5.1

Post by Bill Denne » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I've managed to install Redhat 5.1 with the images from dialnet, but I
was unsuccessful in creating the initrd image, I now have a system that
boots to the Redhat install screen every time that I boot.  My boot
partition is /dev/sdb1.  The hardware is an AHA-2940U2W with a seagate
ST32130N (not exactly sure about that model number, but it is a
relatively new narrow SCSI 2.1GB Seagate hard drive).

Thanks,

Bill Denney

(remove the .dontspam to e-mail me)
--

"If you can't believe what you read in comic books, what can you
believe?"

1. AHA-2940U2W and RedHat 5.1

Has anyone actually tried using the AHA-2940U2W and and Ultra2 hard
drive with Redhat 5.1? I read that it was compatible, but I would still
like some confirmation before I get one. I also have a SCSI-2 CDR I
would like to put on the card (on a non-Ultra2 chain). Anyone know if
this will work?

2. Default route problem with IP aliased interface

3. RH 5.1 installation and Adaptec AHA-2940U2W SCSI card

4. Geforce2 MX 400

5. AHA-2930U2 VS AHA-2940U2W

6. X Security Problem

7. Installation of redhat 5.1 with Adpatec 789x/2940U2W

8. Errors running X as a user (root works fine)

9. AHA-2940U2W

10. AHA-2940U2W on a Athlon motherboard

11. seeking AHA-2940U2W support.

12. Adaptec AHA-2940U2W (AIC-7890)

13. Looking for Adaptec AIC-7890 (aka AHA-2940U2W) driver