HP 7510e External Parallel Port CD Burner

HP 7510e External Parallel Port CD Burner

Post by Nathanael Hoyl » Sun, 03 Sep 2000 06:12:10

I have previously had both Linux and Windows installed in a dual-boot
configuration.  During these times I have simply used Windows to do my
CD burning.  I have now gone over exclusively to Linux.  (My current
installation is RedHat 6.2.)  I am trying to figure out what I need to
do to set up and use my CD burner under linux.  It is an HP 7510e.  This
is an external, parallel port burner.  I gather that it has its own
SCSI host adapter or something built into it, because it mentioned such
things, and ASPI under Windows.  Can anyone provide me information on
configuring it and getting up and running?

Thanks,

Nathanael Hoyle
P.S. If you choose to reply by email, remove the NOSPAM from the email
address.  This is to deter spam spider engines.

HP 7510e External Parallel Port CD Burner

Post by kv.. » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:30:24

Here is my config:

Kernel: No IDE/ATAPI cdrom support,
        SCSI emulation support (built in),
        Parallel port IDE device support (paride.o),
        Parallel port ATAPI cdroms (pcd.o),
        Parallel port generic ATAPI (pg.o),
        Shuttle EPAT/EPEZ protocol (epat.o),
        Parallel port support (parport.o),
        PC-style Hardware (parport_pc.o),
        SCSI cdrom support (sr_mod.o).

All my CD-drives use SCSI emulation now, so the CDROM-drive has to be mounted
on /dev/scd0, the CD-Writer on /dev/pcd0 (for read-only access).

Typing

insmod parport
insmod parport_pc io=0x387 irq=7
insmod paride