Fs: Specialix board & 24 ports

Post by Ron Jone » Sat, 21 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,
  I have forsale a Specialix SI-Host board and three (3) 8-port terminal
adaptors (24 serial ports).
These have a DCE (female) connector on them. I'll throw in the DB-25
connects to go
to RJ-45 if you like.
  I have the Unix/Xenix driver diskette for SCO UNIX. I understand their is
a patch out there for Linux which makes it work with the Specialix board.
There may be other patches or driver software which can be had at
http://www.specialix.com for download for your particular application
(DOS-based BBS or etc).
  I may be willing to sell the terminal adaptors separately for someone else
who already has a Specialix board and would like to add 8-,16-, or 24-ports
more.
  The SI/XIO ISA host board retails for $495.
  The modular terminal adaptors which piggy-back/daisy-chain on each other
to the board retail for upto $750.

  I am asking $1,500.00 for the whole setup.

Regards,
Ron Jones

1. where did the 24 come from in 2^24*512=8GB fs limit??

where did the 24 come from in 2^24*512=8GB file system size limit??

was it a DEC/PDP-11 limit or some other historical thing?

it could do 2^31=2GB for file size limit

why not 2^31*512=1024GB fs limit?

guess maybe it never looked possible at that time (of original *nix
fs development) when disks of 100MB were considered humongous.

                        fish
--
By the time we got to Woodstock, we were half a million strong,
and everywhere there was a song, and a celebration ...  -joni mitchell

2. How to flush buffers?

3. FS 3COM SuperStack II 3C16950 Switch 1100 (24 Port),

4. NIS+ and CDE login

5. FS HP AdvanceStack HP J2601A 24 Port HUB AUSTRALIA

6. Compile IRC server on UnixWare 7.1.1

7. FS:BayStack 303 24 port EtherNet Switch Cheap NEW

8. I have problem in configure X..need help

9. FS: 2 new 24 port hubs cheap

10. FS Specialix RIO card and 16 port Remote Terminal Adapter (multiport serial adapter)

11. HELP! Stallion & Specialix Serial Boards

12. uucp & port permissions with specialix RIO

13. What PCI video boards support 24 bit color?