Is Xircom's pc card supported???

Post by c.. » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
  I just wondering if anyone knows whether the Xircom's RealPort CardBus
Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56
(http://www.xircom.com/products/realport/realport-rbem56g100.html) is
supported by RH Linux 6.0?

I was thinking of getting it since they are having a promotion. Please
feedback any advice/suggestions. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Rgds,
  CH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Is Xircom's pc card supported???

Post by c.. » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
  I just wondering if anyone knows whether the Xircom's RealPort CardBus
Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56
(http://www.xircom.com/products/realport/realport-rbem56g100.html) is
supported by RH Linux 6.0?

I was thinking of getting it since they are having a promotion. Please
feedback any advice/suggestions. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Rgds,
  CH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Is Xircom's pc card supported???

Post by Brian J. Corcora » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I remember reading somewhere that it was, but I checked the Linux PCMCIA
Info Page <http://hyper.stanford.edu/HyperNews/get/pcmcia/home.html>, and
it wasn't mentioned. I know the non-cardbus version (rem56g100) works, as
I'm using it. It looks like CardBus support in general isn't up to par yet.
If you're still interested, a lot of mail order companies will let you
return/exchange incompatible hardware -- I was able to return a
non-compatible LinkSys CardBus modem to PC Connection.

You could also contact the driver maintainer at the above page, he'll
probably be able to tell you for sure.

-Brian Corcoran

Quote:> Hi,
>   I just wondering if anyone knows whether the Xircom's RealPort CardBus
> Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56
> (http://www.xircom.com/products/realport/realport-rbem56g100.html) is
> supported by RH Linux 6.0?

> I was thinking of getting it since they are having a promotion. Please
> feedback any advice/suggestions. Any info is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.

> Rgds,
>   CH

| Brian J. Corcoran     | ASA Real Estate Svcs |
| Systems Developer     | 860.666.4198 fax     |

|    Quark! Quark! Beware the quantum duck!    |