PS/2 Mouse not working

Post by Casey Murato » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I've been trying to set up my new system for use with Linux, but it has a
PS/2 style auxilliary port unlike my old computer which used serial...
now, the problem is, even though I compiled my kernel with PS/2 support
AND my /dev/mouse is linked to /dev/psaux, it does wierd stuff - it acts
like it's using the wrong protocol or something.  But I definitely do
have a PS/2 style mouse.  Also, if I try to start X, it complains that
the mouse is busy or unavailable.

My question:  What internals should I check to see if they may be the
problem?  Is there some way I can verify that my /dev/psaux is set up
right (I didn't do it, I think SlackWare must've)...  Any suggestions?

- Casey