Pioneer cdrom in linux

Post by Anders Erlandsso » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi, im new to linux, actually i dont use it (yet) but i still have some
questions.

I am building a car-mp3 player using the software from
www.algonet.se/~cyrano/elmp

and i have problems mounting my Pioneer Slot-in drive.

 [mounts]

Quote:>> mnt1name = HD
>> mnt1type = vfat
>> mnt1path = /dev/hda1
>> mnt2name = CDROM
>> mnt2type = iso9660
>> mnt2path = /dev/hdb

The mountlist looks like above and when i boot, "linux" recognizes the drive but
won't mount it.

I get errors like "special device not regognized"

Have also tried to change hdb to hdc,d,e and changed the drive to 2nd master,
slave etc accordingly.

Is Pioneer not compatible with Linux?

If you have any answers please EMAIL me them, as i really don't want to read
hundreds of linux mail for this only.

TIA.

*Remove -EJSKIT- to reply or -dot- in http adress.*

*---------------------------------------------------------------------*
HTTP://www.algo-dot-net.se/~ncc1701d/        Anders Erlandsson

* A2000/060 - 34Mb - VLAB - PicassoII Cgfx - 1.4Gb *
* Colecovision - Vectrex - Intellivision - Atari2600 *

Pioneer cdrom in linux

Post by Eugen » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

pioneer cdroms are *and dont work / work very poorly with Linux
(AFAIK they violate the ATAPI protocol, the standard protocol for IDE
cdroms)

Quote:>Hi, im new to linux, actually i dont use it (yet) but i still have some