SB Live driver does SB Live Value?

Post by Andrew de los Rey » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

does anyone know if the linux soundblaster live driver works for sound
blaster live value? the driver is at:
http://developer.soundblaster.com/linux/

Thanks in advance,
Andrew de los Reyes

SB Live driver does SB Live Value?

Post by Tuomo Louhivuor » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> does anyone know if the linux soundblaster live driver works for sound
> blaster live value? the driver is at:

It works just fine.

-Tuomo

Post by Darryl Bryan » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> does anyone know if the linux soundblaster live driver works for sound
> blaster live value? the driver is at:
> http://developer.soundblaster.com/linux/

> Thanks in advance,
> Andrew de los Reyes

Yep!  works fine on RedHat5.2, kernel 2.0.36

dAz

Post by Daniel Bruce Lyne » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

: does anyone know if the linux soundblaster live driver works for sound
: blaster live value? the driver is at:
: http://developer.soundblaster.com/linux/

Yes, it works just fine.  I'm using it on the 2.0.6 kernel.  You'll have to open
up vim, and edit the install script and the module, so that it installs on 2.0.6
and higher, as well as rename the module to the appropriate kernel version.
Otherwise, you're stuck with using kernel 2.0.5.

Just make sure that when you edit it, you type 'vim -b <modulename>', or you'll
change some bytes in the file you didn't mean to.  If you need to add any
digits, replace one of the following NUL bytes with the extra digit, or if
your version has one less digit, change one of the existing digits in the file

SB Live driver does SB Live Value?

Post by Bill Crawfo » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Works passably well under SuSE 6.1 (kernel 2.2.7...a little text
hacking was necessary, but minor).  No MIDI, but everything
else is okay...

- Will

SB Live driver does SB Live Value?

Post by Steve Done » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

What hacking did you need I have Suse 6.1 (2.2.7) & Sblive value so would be
interested to know?

Steve

Quote:> Works passably well under SuSE 6.1 (kernel 2.2.7...a little text

Post by Bill Crawfo » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>What hacking did you need I have Suse 6.1 (2.2.7) & Sblive value so would be
>interested to know?

>Steve

>> Works passably well under SuSE 6.1 (kernel 2.2.7...a little text
>> hacking was necessary, but minor).  No MIDI, but everything
>> else is okay...

I got this from someone else, but it worked for me...
Quote:>login as root
>download sblive-0.2b.tar.gz to a temp directory and extract it.
>(tar xzvf sblive-0.2b.tar.gz)
>This will create a new directory called 'package' .  Change to this directory
>(cd package)
>edit the script named 'install_sblive' so that it looks for your kernel.
>(vi install_sblive)
>Move the cursor to the 5th line where it says V2=2.2.5
>Move your cursor under the '5'
>type (rx    [x=the patch level, in your case 7]  so type r7)
>save the file and exit
>( :wq! )
>next (and last) rename sblive.0-2.2.5 sblive.o-2.2.7
>(mv sblive.o-2.2.5 sblive.o-2.2.7)
>now run install_sblive
>(./install_sblive)
>it will tell you to reboot.  That isn't neccesary unless you add a line to your /etc/conf.modules file to force the driver to load under the wrong kernel ( I haven't figured out what to add, yet)

>anyway, you can do that manually:

>unload the soundcore.o module
>(modprobe -r soundcore) --it isn't neccesary, but if you get any errors, your problem isn't sblive
>load it again
>(modprobe soundcore)
>load sblive!
>(insmod -f sblive)  --this should turn on you sblive.  if not, reboot and load the modules again

>test it:  locate a sound file and type:
>( cat [ path to the sound file goes here] > [this is the redirection symbol] /dev/audio

>another test (requires microphone)
>( dd bs=16k count=10 </dev/audio >test.wav )  --this records 10 seconds of 16 bit audio to a wave file
>play it back:
>( cat test.wav > /dev/audio )

1. SB PCI128 and SB Live! Value support

Hi all,

I have two questions on Sound Blaster PCI128 and Live! Value support.

1. Are these soundcards directly supported by OpenBSD?

2. Are these soundcards supported by the sb device driver?  This wouldn't be
ideal (e.g. half duplex output), but at least sound would work.

TIA,
dep

2. Bad NFS performance

3. Installing SB Live! Value Driver

4. soundblaster PnP card and BSD problems

5. SB Live! Value Drivers for Linux (RH6.1)

6. VMS on/under/istead of/and UNIX

7. Where can I get SB Live Value Drivers

8. PC mail order companies?

9. SB Live 5.1 + SB 128 PCI

10. How can I setup SB Value Live?

11. SB Live Value diagnostics?

12. SB Live Value...alias char-major-14 is alias'd twice ???

13. SB Live! Value PCI