PCI Sound Cards - opinions wanted

Post by Anthony Ewel » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Has anyone succcessfully used the Soundwave Pro PCI from Siig in rh
5.0?  (Siig's
serial, parallel, and ide controllers cards are EXCELLENT, but I have
never
used one of their sound cards.)

Does anyone have any opinions on other PCI sound cards they like better?

Many thanks,
--Tony
aewell at sierra dot net
Note: if replying, remove the "I-HATE-SPAM." from my address.

1. Opinions wanted about Boca PCI ethernet card

I am about to order a PCI box to play/work with Linux, and I need an
ethernet card. I hace decided to make a choice between:
ISA 3com 3c509 combo
PCI Boca PCnet whatever

I am leaning towards the Boca (due to a review in c't magazin of similar cards)
but I want to know the following:
Is it a combo card with thin and twisted pair ethernet?
I hope I won't need a transceiver?

Any positive/negative experiences?

I am correct in assuming that this card works with Linux? (from the HOWTO)

Thanks for your help,
        Frits
--

Delft University of Technology                  The Netherlands

2. Let's write a wordprocess

3. sound cards - opinions wanted

4. The standard input descriptor

5. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card

6. keymap on XFree86 4.2.0

7. Opinions wanted on SOYO/PCI MB's

8. /dev/null for TCP/IP

9. how to get unixware v7 recognize pci modem and pci sound card??

10. Need sound driver RH5.2 using S3 sonicVibes PCI sound card

11. PCI Yamaha Sound Card (Xwave Direct 192 PCI) Help o : )

12. Sound: PCI sound card problems...

13. Linux , PCI sound cards, Zoom PCI pnp Modems