Linux on a Gateway 2000 laptop

Post by Weston Bustraa » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Has anybody out there been successful
installing Linux and X-Windows on a
Gateway 2000 Solo S5 - 133XL Deluxe?

1. Gateway 2000 laptop w/Gateway SCSI PCMCIA

I have YGGDRASIL Plug-&-Play LINUX on CD-ROM.

I would like to install a minimal boot partition on my GATEWAY 2000
laptop and suck the rest off of my CD-ROM drive.  Only problem is that my
PCMCIA (GATEWAYs) card and driver is not supported (natively).

Anyone out there know of a workaround for the GATEWAY?

As of now I cannot bring up the Kernel.  I can invoke LILO from a floppy
boot disk but cannot access the CD-ROM disk due to above support issue.
I tried to boot from DOS by invoking the RUNLINUX.BAT program on the CD.
The disk spins but the system hangs immediately after the invocation.

Thanks for any help
Bob

2. adaptec 3210s scsi raid controllerm, please help

3. Gateway 2000 Solo S5-120XL laptop & Linux

4. Help with Hard dives etc

5. Gateway 2000 S5-120XL Laptop and Linux

6. HELP: PCI Mach64 different than VLB one?!?!?

7. Gateway 2000 Solo Multimedia Laptop

8. REQUEST for file completion for Sys V csh

9. Windows 2000 clients can't obtain gateway from Linux server

10. Gateway 2000 Might Install Linux for You

11. LINUX on Gateway-2000 Liberty

12. Setting up shared Internet connection with a Linux client with a Windows 2000 server (gateway)

13. Linux and Enhanced IDE Gateway 2000/P4100