1. Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86
If your having problems with the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the
Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86, please read.
It's the "pro" part of you Stealth 3d 2000 that is giving you the
problem. It's designed for video in addition to regular display. This is
also a problem with many of the Stealth 3d 3000 cards(but not all). The
fix is to cut it back to 16bpp. You see, at 24bpp and 32bpp, the Stealth
3000 needs a special driver that handles the mpeg/avi video acceleration
features of these cards. But not at 16bpp.
Sometimes you can get away with running the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 pro,
and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000 at 24bpp and 32bpp. But chances are
you'll get the following problems:
XF_s3V server: lockups when user exits window manager, screen turns neon
lime green or red(other colors also reported, but these two are the most
common). However, this server works fine at 16bpp.
XF_SVGA server: works great, but acceleration at 24bpp or 32 bpp is not
complete!!!!! Boot up Netscape and you will see what I mean. The buttons
on Navigator will be in black&white.
These problems do not effect the Stealth 3d 2000 "classic", just the
Stealth 3d 2000 Pro and the Stealth 3d 3000 series cards.
2. Connecting a VT320 to Linux Box
3. RH6: XFree86 and Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro setup
4. Virtual Hosts, User/Group Priviliges
5. Help w/ Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 and X
6. Mail is news is mail...
7. Help: Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 config
8. ksh pushd/popd?
9. DIAMOND STEALTH 3D 2000 AND REDHAT.. HELP!!!
10. Help:Diamond Stealth 3D 2000
11. HELP: Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 (S3 86C325)
12. Help whit my DIAMOND STEALTH 3D 2000
13. Yet more XF86Config help: Diamond Stealth 3D 2000