Trident 8400 & M585LMR Motherboard probems

Trident 8400 & M585LMR Motherboard probems

Post by B. Preisendorfe » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Anybody out there ever get a Trident 8400 chipset to work under Xwindows?  I
have a PCChips m585LMR motherboard, with a built in video adapter, which
shows up under windows as a trident 8400.  I can't find a video driver, or a
reasonable substitue.  If anybody could help me, I'd appreciate it more than
a hungry ethiopian with a gift certificate to McDonalds.  Also, is it
possible to set up a framebuffer, at least until I can afford a new video
card?  Could someone explain this to me?  Thanks again,

SirPreis

Trident 8400 & M585LMR Motherboard probems

Post by ulyss » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

i have the same motherboard and on the cd-rom ther is a folder vga/linux
ther you have a linux driver!
 if you don't have the folder on your cd-rom i can email you the file ,just

1. X Server for Trident 8400 chipset

Unfortunately, the video card on my current computer is an on board AGP with
a Trident 8400 chipset.  Does anyone know of an XServer or driver for this
card/chipset?  I can get X Windows to run, but only in 16 color 640 x 480
mode.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John Mahala

2. Samba vs. NFS

3. How to Install Display Driver for PC Chips M585 (Trident 8400)????

4. feeding rn a file of commands

5. Help: Trident 8400 PCI/AGP driver

6. FreeNetAccessWorldwide

7. X-Window and Trident 8400 Help Pleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeee!!!

8. UDP problem

9. Trident 8400 driver for XFree86/Linux

10. Trident 8400 Graphics adapter

11. Embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP graphics apdapter?

12. X-Windows and Trident 8400

13. Trident 8400