Panasonic CD-503 SCSI CD-ROM drive support

Panasonic CD-503 SCSI CD-ROM drive support

Post by Anthony Fly » Tue, 07 Feb 1995 16:07:18

Is anyone using a Panasonic CR-503 CD-ROM with Linux?

I don't seem to be able to persuade Linux to see mine. The drive light
comes on during boot-up, but the console messages indicate that only the
SCSI hard-drive was detected.

Does anyone know if this particular model is supported in the Slackware release,
and if so, what I could be doing wrong.

I have rebuilt the kernel with SCSI CD-ROM support, and mknod'ed the
device files.

Cheers.

--Anthony Flynn

Post by Karlheinz Hag » Tue, 14 Feb 1995 06:27:28

: Is anyone using a Panasonic CR-503 CD-ROM with Linux?

: I don't seem to be able to persuade Linux to see mine. The drive light
: comes on during boot-up, but the console messages indicate that only the
: SCSI hard-drive was detected.

No problem. I use also the CR-503 on a Adaptec 1542cf. It's the last
part on the bus and terminated. Are you compiled the iso9660 filesystem
into the kernel ? Make sure that you have /dev/sr0 and not /dev/scd0.
I have had scd0 and i doesn't work. The major/minor is the same, but slackware
on the last infomagic is looking for /dev/sr0.

Kalle

Post by p2682.. » Wed, 22 Feb 1995 18:08:44

: : Is anyone using a Panasonic CR-503 CD-ROM with Linux?
: No problem. I use also the CR-503 on a Adaptec 1542cf. It's the last
: part on the bus and terminated. Are you compiled the iso9660 filesystem
: into the kernel ? Make sure that you have /dev/sr0 and not /dev/scd0.
: I have had scd0 and i doesn't work. The major/minor is the same, but slackware
: on the last infomagic is looking for /dev/sr0.

    Sorry! May I ask another question?
    I use PAS16 and panasonic 503b but can't mount cdrom correctly!
    It always display "SCSI host 0 timed out ..." and system is down....
    From the FAQ:"SCSI-HOW", it tell me that this is IRQ's problem.
    I have done "fdisk" and want to install linux from cdrom.
    Does anyone have any solution about it?
    Thank you very much!

        Kuo Gia Min

1. CD ROM Support For Older Panasonic CD-ROM Drives

I have a problem with my FreeBSD installation.

I have an older Panasonic Drive connected to a Sound16A sound card
(Standard Packard Bell 486 SX Legend set-up). I cannot get FreeBSD 2.2.6
to recognize the drive.  Red Hat Linux accepted it as a standard
Panasonic drive, but FreeBSD tells me there are no CD drives present.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Andrew Sherrod

2. Network doesn't work

3. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

4. Thinkpad Power Series 820

5. Adaptec 1520i with Panasonic CD/PD drive and 4x Oak CD-ROM install HELP!!

6. Installed Helix-Code, and now no xdmcp from Windows x-server

7. CD-ROM Compaq CR-503 on Adaptec AIC-6360

8. ATI Framebuffers (Mach64)

9. Upgrading to SCSI CD-ROM from IDE CD-ROM

10. CD-ROM Drive/CD-ROM Bundle

11. Can't install Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with SCSI-1 CD-ROM

12. Problems reading CD-Rs with SCSI CD-ROM drive

13. Linux will not see the CD in my SCSI CD-ROM drive