can not speed up NewCom modem

1. NewCom 33,600ifx(c) Modem...not being seen

Evening, everyone. Forgive me if the answer to my question has already
been posted; I check briefly, but I have fairly little time and might
have missed it. I have recently installed Red Hat 5.1 on my system, and
am attempting to get my modem working. I have set up a PPP connection
and the settings seem correct, but when I attempt to fire up Usernet and
click the connection, nothing happens. The modem is not a winmodem
(*shudder*), but it IS a pnp device, with jumpers to manually set the
configuration. I have tried using these to set the modem up as it
currently reads from the win95 pnp configuration, but when I do so my
moniter displays nothing but its default "no data" pattern when I boot
the system. The modem is a NewCom 33,600ifx(c)...any help would be
spiffy.

Thanks,
Kevin O'Brien

---== http://www.newsfeeds.com - Largest Usenet Server In The World! ==---

---== http://www.newsfeeds.com - Largest Usenet Server In The World! ==---

2. Does Sparc5 cdrom read CDRW?

3. NewCom 56kifxspa modem HELP!

4. Default Gateway problem.

5. help with PCI modem (Newcom 56K V.90 data/fax)

6. MIPS

7. It's not bad canned meat...

8. Linux -- Plans to Read/Write NTFS (WinNT file system) ??

9. NewCom 33.6 ifxC Modem in Linux

10. Is Newcom Internal Data Fax/Modem supported by RH 5.0?

11. Newcom 56kefxA v90 External modem doesn't work with Linux.

12. NewCom 56.6 modem??