A Mattel Toy Digital Camera vs. Linux [Was: My own mother!!!]

A Mattel Toy Digital Camera vs. Linux [Was: My own mother!!!]

Post by Phli » Tue, 06 Mar 2001 23:33:20

The Real Bev grokked:

Quote:> Hrm.  Both worked for the serial connection to my Nikon 800.  Here's my
> photopc command line:

> photopc -z -t -f %Y%m%d-%H%M%S.jpg image all /nikon/new

Uy. When I manually add a link /dev/photopc to the relevant serial port and
run this...

        ./photopc -s 38400 query

...it still seems to say there's just no signal comming back from the port:

        Error 10003: eph_waitsig got -2

Thanks, but I'm gonna have to borrow a Windows 'puter at work just to see
if I can get juice into this thing!

Does anyone know if it really has an Epson PhotoPC inside, and what its
protocol is???

--

============== http://phlip.webjump.com ==============
  --  DARE to resist drug-war profiteering  --

Post by Phli » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 04:15:28

> Does anyone know if it really has an Epson PhotoPC inside, and what its
> protocol is???

It's an el-cheapo chipset with only a primitive protocol. Read more about
it here:

    http://www.goodnet.com/~emeb/mattel_cam.html

--

============ http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PhlIp ============
  --  DARE to resist drug-war profiteering  --