HP deskjet

Post by Elizabet » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I plan to buy a HP deskjet 722c since it work on Windows NT.  But I don't
know whether it work with Linux.  Any one has this configuration working?
Thank you for any advice.

HP deskjet

Post by Tim Smit » Sun, 05 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>I plan to buy a HP deskjet 722c since it work on Windows NT.  But I don't
>know whether it work with Linux.  Any one has this configuration working?
>Thank you for any advice.

DON'T BUY THAT JUNK!

That printer is one of the so-called windows-only printers. They support DOS
in a window, but are not normal printers...they have no brains; they rely on the
PC so they'll never work with any O.S. other than Windows.

There are other excellent printers from HP that are not brain-dead...buy one.
Don't be one of those idiots who buys a Windows modem, or a Windows
printer, or a Windows widget and then complains that their software is too
lame to support it...

-Tim