Upgrade Cyrix 486-40 to Pentium 75

Post by Rolf Brudeset » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible, on a motherboard designed for a 486, to replace a Cyrix
486-40 with a Pentium 75? I did not think so; however, I have noticed
that the 486 currently installed only utilizes a subset of the holes
available on the socket.

In case the upgrade is not possible, does anybody know why the socket
has more holes than the processor has pins?

Rolf

--
Rolf Brudeseth
Raytheon Systems Company

1. pentium 75 and 40 GB Harddrive

Hello all,

I am a new to linux.  I just download redhat 6.2 from the redhat ftp site
and was getting ready to install it.  I made the boot disk as instructed by
the "Linux Unleashed fourth edition" Book and was trying to boot the machine
but it came up with boot failure.  I have a pentium 75 mhz computer with a
new 40 gb harddrive and cannot get it to boot properly.  I was wondering if
i am doing something wrong.

Can anyone help me?

Scott

2. Use Linux passwords from NT4 workstation??

3. Linux on Cyrix 486/40 DLC ...

4. scrambled terminal

5. experiences with AMD 586 133 (P-75) CPU/MB's or Pentium 75?

6. DCD

7. Lilo "L 40 40 40 40 40 40..."

8. rp scripts

9. LILO saying "L 40 40 40 40 40 40..."

10. Cyrix : Optimize for 486 or Pentium?

11. 486/75 takes 24 hours to compile kernel--help!

12. 486/75 Laptop, Linux the answer?

13. Cyrix 386 -> 486 upgrade chip: Will this work?