SuSE Linux 6.2 - Voodoo Banshee Problem

Post by Chris Wrigh » Mon, 06 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have been trying to configure XFree86 in Linux 6.2 for use with my Generic
Banshee card. This, I believe, is built into the SVGA server.

I can configure it fine, however when starting X, there is a moving "noise"
down the left third of the screen. There is also more "noise" caused by
moving or resizing windows.

It's not a problem with the card, since I can install it fine in Redhat 6
with the
additional rpm's available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

SuSE Linux 6.2 - Voodoo Banshee Problem

Post by But » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have been trying to configure XFree86 in Linux 6.2 for use with my Generic
> Banshee card. This, I believe, is built into the SVGA server.

                      Chris,
 You could try the linux drivers on Creative Labs website:
XF86_Banshee-1.01.tar.gz. I have an Elsa Victory II not a Banshee Blaster,
and the driver works well in rh 5.2. You may want to drastically change the
XF86Config file contained in the tarbell.

                     nekhbet

1. SuSE Linux 6.2 - Voodoo Banshee Problem

I have been trying to configure XFree86 in SuSE Linux 6.2 for use with my
Generic
Banshee card. This, I believe, is built into the SVGA server.

I can configure it fine, however when starting X, there is a moving "noise"
down the left third of the screen. There is also more "noise" caused by
moving or resizing windows.

It's not a problem with the card, since I can install it fine in Redhat 6
with the
additional rpm's available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

2. Slow Dialup Connection HELP

3. Voodoo Banshee SuSE 6.0

4. Puzzled by Linuxconf remote access

5. Installing redhat 6.2 with Voodoo 3 2000 and other problems

6. Tooltalk vs. RPC

7. problem with egcs-1.1.2 / gcc 2.91.66 on Linux (Suse 6.1/6.2)

8. AS/400 connectivity to SUN Solaris

9. NFS-Problem from WinNT 4.0 to LINUX 6.2 (S.u.S.E.)

10. Problem with ISDN under SUSE Linux 6.2 ...

11. SuSE Linux 6.2 and Kppp problem

12. X with Voodoo Banshee problem :'(

13. voodoo banshee and linux?