PCI edge or level trigger?

Post by Laurence Lundblad » Sun, 28 May 1995 04:00:00

I'm trying to figure out what's correct, edge or level trigger for my NCR
53C810 on my ASUS PCI/I-486SP3G mother board.  The BIOS set up screens
don't allow me to change this for the NCR chip (though it does for the
other PCI devices).  When I install the jumper to set the IRQ for edge
triggering it hangs.  I believe when it is working it is using level
triggering.

The thing that doesn't make sense is that with the 1.2.5 kernel it
reported it was using level trigger which I think it correct.  With
the 1.2.8 kernel the messages are reversed and it says it is edge
triggered which I think is incorrect.  I'm not sure this makes any
difference as long as it interrupts.  Is that true?  Which is really
correct, the 1.2.5 kernel or the 1.2.8.

Also, another question which worries me more is whether or not the
stuff at the end indicated a bad disk drive or configuration/software
error.  I think it is a bad drive (it's brand new and so is my use of
PCI SCSI), but confirmation would be helpful.

Thanks!

Laurence Lundblade

     http://www.veryComputer.com/
        *ia Tech CS -- Blacksburg, *ia, US -- 703-552-2537