Sound Blaster PCI 512

Post by Curtney Jacob » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I am running RedHat 6.0 with kernel version 2.2.5-15.   I have
soundblaster PCI 512. I have searched
through this newsgroup but there are no postings pertaining to the above
soundcard.
Does anyone know where I can download the appropriate sound driver that
work s with  sb pci 512?

Any help would be appreciated.

_CJ

Sound Blaster PCI 512

Post by Stewart Hecto » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

what is a soundblaster pci 512 - there is a sb 16,32,64,128  and 256 (which
is soundblaster live!)
but what is a soundblaster PCI 512 (live! with liveware version 2 perhaps?)

--
Stewart
ICQ: 5308166

The last time I cried, I could see the people
Long ago in the rain
Waiting as the soldiers put them all on a  train
And the hands on the bars, the eyes full of tears
And the word is the same, for a thousand years,
Eli Eli Lama, Oh Lord, you have forsaken me...
CdeB - The Last Time I Cried

Sound Blaster PCI 512

Post by Curtney Jacob » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> what is a soundblaster pci 512 - there is a sb 16,32,64,128  and 256
> (which is soundblaster live!)
> but what is a soundblaster PCI 512 (live! with liveware version 2
> perhaps?)

>> Hi,
>> I am running RedHat 6.0 with kernel version 2.2.5-15.   I have
>> soundblaster PCI 512. I have searched
>> through this newsgroup but there are no postings pertaining to the
>> above
>> soundcard.
>> Does anyone know where I can download the appropriate sound driver
>> that
>> work s with  sb pci 512?

>> Any help would be appreciated.

>> _CJ

> --
> Stewart
> ICQ: 5308166
> http://freespace.*.net/s.hector/index.htm

> The last time I cried, I could see the people
> Long ago in the rain
> Waiting as the soldiers put them all on a  train
> And the hands on the bars, the eyes full of tears
> And the word is the same, for a thousand years,
> Eli Eli Lama, Oh Lord, you have forsaken me...
> CdeB - The Last Time I Cried

According to the manual soundblaster PCI 512 uses the same audio
processing chip in Sound
Blaster Live!, the EMUIOKI. The card supports 3D environemental audio
effects.
I guess it is similiar to Sound Blaster Live!, but not as powerful or
feature rich.
Is it possible to use the Sound Blaster Live driver for my card?

Sorry, I feel so clueless here,

_CJ