Support for Diamond FirePort 40 Dual ??

Post by Charles Johns » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me if any of the distributions have driver support for
the Diamond FirePort 40 Dual (Symbios SYM53C876 chip) ??

Charles F. Johnson
Intel Corporation
Workstation Products Division

1. Diamond's Fireport 40 Dual?

Hi

I was wondering what the performance of this dual channel UW SCSI card is
compared to some of the other ones.  I've seen this board for about $200 and
it seems like a pretty good deal.  On one channel I could hang a couple of
UW
Cudas or Cheetahs and on the other things like a burner, CD-rom drives, and
tape drive.

Also, does any body have any experience using Initio SCSI+Ethernet in one
card?
Its a dual channel SCSI +Ethernet/fast Ethernet card.  The main reason for
going
to multichannel  SCSI cards is because I am short on PCI slots.  The box
that is in
need is running RH 5.0

If anyone has some other suggestions I would be interested in hearing them.

Thanks in advance,
Victor

2. Visioneer 4400 - scanner

3. Does anyone know if the fireport 40 DUAL from diamond works under linux ?

4. Oracle port to Linux?

5. Diamond Fireport 40 kernel support

6. Flight planning software under Linux?

7. Does Red Hat 6.0 Support the Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI Adapter?

8. root file system

9. SCSI adapter - Diamond FirePort 40 -- supported?

10. Support for the Diamond Fireport 40 UW SCSI?

11. Is the Dual channel Fireport 40 (SCSI) any good ?

12. Anybody have any experience with Diamond FirePort 40 SCSI card as opposed to Adaptec?

13. Fireport 40 Dual & spontaneous reboots