Tape Backup

Post by Robert Shield » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me if there is a supported tape backup I can use for my home
network? I was looking at the Sony Superstation or something like it.

Thanks

Tape Backup

Post by Tom Hoffman » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Check out the Hardware-HOWTO on www.linucdoc.org

> Can anyone tell me if there is a supported tape backup I can use for my
> home network? I was looking at the Sony Superstation or something like
> it.

> Thanks

1. Solstice Backup 5.1 / DMO 2.1/Oracle 8.1.5: Tape backup failed : Need of 5.5 Upgrade ?

Hi,

we have the following installation:

Backup Server with

Solaris 2.5.1
Solstice Backup  Server 5.1

Backup client with

Solaris 2.6
Solstice backup Client 5.1

DMO (Database modules for Oracle) 2.1 with the last Patches, which
should give the possibility of scheduled backups

Oracle 8.1.5

Our Problem is:

we cant make a tape-backup with allocate ...'sbt_tape'  startet over
rman. backups to disk are running fine.

Starting a backup over nwadmin we get an error, because there is no
given a user.

Has anybody made a tape-backup from rman or nwadmin, without upgrading
to Solstice Backup 5.5?

TIA,

Nele

2. USB Audio; JVC FS-G5 compact stereo

3. Star tape size for multi tape backups question

4. Graphic adapters

5. Tape backups.. Erase tape first?

6. memory resources for large program

7. tape backups, scsi tape drive?

8. ?

9. Conner 4584 DAT tape backup with 12 tape Autoloader

10. Tape Backup under Suse 6.0 with a SCSI Tape

11. ufsdump verification on norewind tapes (was: Re: A Tape Backup

12. ufsdump verification on norewind tapes (was: Re: A Tape Backup Question )

13. Pls help : tape to tape backup (re-sent)