oki 4w printer

Post by Sten Ahlber » Sat, 05 May 2001 02:51:07

I tried to post a question on using an OkiPage 4w+   printer, twice.
Both times it didn't even appear in this group.
Is the Oki printer so awful or why does the note disappear?

Does anyone know how to get it working with Linux.
Have Red Hat 6.1, all else works fine and there seems to be even a filter
for Oki4w in the installation but no explanation on how to make it work.
Please, someone.
Sten Ahlberg

oki 4w printer

Post by Ron Freide » Sat, 05 May 2001 10:10:14

Hi,

I had an Okidata printer once, I had to use an HP driver, try setting it up as
an hp lj and see how it works, I think I used hpIIp on mine.

Hope this helps

--
Ron

That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said good-bye.

oki 4w printer

Post by Matt N » Sat, 05 May 2001 10:30:09

Take a look at http://www.linuxprinting.org/
They have a list of supported printers and the Okipage 4w+ is listed as
"Mostly" compatible. You might also check out http://www.cups.org/ and
use that instead of the standard lpr with Redhat.