HELP: ATI A-in-Wonder Pro 8mb AGP card & Taxan 750 TCO95 monitor

HELP: ATI A-in-Wonder Pro 8mb AGP card & Taxan 750 TCO95 monitor

Post by Kha » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

First of all, I'm a complete newbie and I want to enter the world of
Linux as MS stuff is beginning to suck. My aim is to get to know
X-Windows and hopefully move over to Linux/X environment. But I have a
problem with X with my new hardware and this is where I need your
help...

I bought a new PC in April, a P2-350/64 system with Panasonic DVD
drive and the ATI card I mentioned in the subject line, All-in-Wonder
Pro 8Mb AGP. The monitor is the Taxan Ergovision 750 TCO95 model.

My Linux version is Slackware96.. erm, forgive me but my version is, I
think, Linux 2.0.0 (this is what it says at the login prompt).

I've got X running just about but the settings are totally wrong I
think as X looks really ugly. I'm sure I can get it to run better than
this as I've seen some great desktop screenshots on the Internet.

At the moment X runs in 640x480 res, 16-colours. Can you help me
please and get me to run at 1024x768 and use 64k colours at least? :-)

I look forward to any response. Please forgive me if I don't
understand something as I'm still a very much newbie to Linux.

Regards,
Khan

1. HELP: ATI A-in-Wonder Pro 8mb AGP card & Taxan 750 TCO95 monitor

[...]

2. Whats it look like ?? Screen shots

3. ati agp xpert98 8MB the same type as ati agp xpert@play 8MB 3D rage pro?

4. Message Queus in AIX

5. nVidia 8MB AGP vs. ATI 8MB Rage Pro Turbo AGP and XFree86

6. Linux compatability mode.

7. ATI AGP All in Wonder Pro (8MB) X problems

8. Need help with virtual host

9. RH6.0 / XFREE 3.3.3.1 / ATI All-in-Wonder Pro 8MB AGP

10. ati wonder pro or ati wonder radeon video card

11. ATI All-In-Wonder Pro PCI 8MB Rage Pro with Video4Linux?

12. ati wonder pro or ati wonder radeon video card

13. AGP Support Question: ATI All-In-Wonder Pro AGP