DEC 21041 Network Card

Post by stephen.bald.. » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

anyone know if this card is compatible with Linux?

        SteveB

DEC 21041 Network Card

Post by leox » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>anyone know if this card is compatible with Linux?

Yes.

--
JR

DEC 21041 Network Card

Post by David F » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> anyone know if this card is compatible with Linux?

Yes, use the tulip driver.
--
David Fox          http://www.cat.nyu.edu/fox            xoF divaD

DEC 21041 Network Card

Post by William F. Simmon » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

SteveB --

Steve, Yes the DEC 21041 Network Card is compatible with Linux.  It is known
as the DEC Tulip in the kernel compile "make config" or "make menuconfig".
If you are running a 10MB Ethernet, you won't believe how much faster this
board is than, say, an NE2000, for example.  I have one of these cards on
two linux machines that I do ftp backups on, and the throughput of these cards
has to be 3-5 times faster than two machines sporting NE2000's.

Good Luck.

William F. Simmons
Simtech

www.simtech-soft.com

1. Network Problem (DEC Chip 21041)

Hi

I installed RedHat 4.2 Linux (2.0.30) on the following hardware:
P166
main board ASUS TX97
64 MB RAM
SB AWE64 sound card

DEC chip 21041 network card
IDE HDD and CD-ROM

I am having problems connecting to the network, or more precisely I have
a problem connecting to my network card. I have gone through all the
documentation (HOWTO and FAQ), but still no joy.

Here is what I have tried:

1. When running dmesg, there is no trace of any eth0 entries.
2. When looking in /proc/pci I can see that the network card is detected
with a IRQ = 11 and I/O = 0xd400
3. I recompiled my kernel to include only my network card (ie 21041)
4. I tried suggested LILO: linux ether=11,0xd400,eth0
5. /dev/eth0 still not present

Anyone with some ideas that might solve my problem???
Let me know if you need any additional info that migh shine more light
on the problem.

Thanks for your help

Mac

2. linux on large hard drive

3. Driver for ethernet card with DEC 21041 Chip?

4. Writers/Wanted/nycAgency

5. Problem with DEC 21041 based Ethernet card on ASUS PC

6. ggiPutHLine?

7. Help: DEC PCI 21041 Ehternet Card

8. VNC with Redhat and Gnome

9. DEC 21041 ethernet card on irq 9??

10. Linux and DEC 21041 Card

11. share IRQ of SMC PCI Ethernet Card(DEC 21041) + SCSI Host Adapter

12. DEC 21041