CD rewritable - advice needed

Post by Paul Colclou » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I am thinking of adding a CD rewritable unit to my Linux box. Can anybody
>recommend a model that works under Linux, and doesn't cost too much? What
>software do I need to be able to use it?

You can't go wrong with an MMC-Compatible drive, you can then use
CDRecord, XCDRoast, and even my unfinished as yet CDMirror program :)

I know the Yamaha CDR400 is compatible, as is the new Plextor
PlexWriter. Don't know of others. How a look at the CDRecord page for
tons of other non-mmc drives supported.

Oh, and a quick plug: http://cdm.squidge.nu :)
--
Remove the vegetable in my email address to reply sucessfully.
http://squidge.carrot.nu (remove the vegetable)

1. HELP:CD-rewritable drive & Linux

Hi,
     Has anybody have any hand on experience with how well the Yamaha
EIDE CD - Rewritable drive
works with Linux (Redhat 5.0)? Or do I need a SCSI system to make it
work?

 Please reply / cc by e mail. My news server is usually late.
Thanks,

Alex Lam.

2. dhcp

3. What SCSI CD Rewritable to buy?

4. Fax via ISDN DATABOX Speed Dragon

5. HP 7200e with CD-ReWritable as a backup system

6. Hercules Power & Linux

7. Rewritable CD Drives

8. webmin additional modules

9. yv tuner in linux and cd rewritable