3 Com built in modem in DELL Latitude laptops

3 Com built in modem in DELL Latitude laptops

Post by Piotr Synowie » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:34:08

hi
does anybody ever make it working?

Piotr

--

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION

3 Com built in modem in DELL Latitude laptops

Post by Tauno Voipi » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:01:57

Quote:> hi
> does anybody ever make it working?

I suspect that it will not work, because it is a Winmodem.

My IBM Thinkpad A21p has a 3Com Ethernet/modem combo board with a Winmodem.
The identification of the modem part from /proc/pci is:

  Communication controller: 3Com unknown (rev. 32),
  Vendor id=10b7, Device id=1007.

I'd be very grateful if we could somehow coax 3Com to make Linux drivers for
these things...

Tauno Voipio

Post by Steven Cho » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:01:35

> hi does anybody ever make it working?

> Piotr

go to Http://www.linmodems.org/
you should be able to get enough information to get it working

Post by Steven Cho » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:16:22

>> hi does anybody ever make it working?

> I suspect that it will not work, because it is a Winmodem.

> My IBM Thinkpad A21p has a 3Com Ethernet/modem combo board with a
> Winmodem. The identification of the modem part from /proc/pci is:

>   Communication controller: 3Com unknown (rev. 32), Vendor id=10b7,
>   Device id=1007.

> I'd be very grateful if we could somehow coax 3Com to make Linux drivers
> for these things...

I am using a IBM T22 that comes with a lucents winmodem too

got the drivers for that from the site that i mention earlier.

and its working great..!

Post by Tauno Voipi » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:59:24

> >> hi does anybody ever make it working?

> > I suspect that it will not work, because it is a Winmodem.

> > My IBM Thinkpad A21p has a 3Com Ethernet/modem combo board with a
> > Winmodem. The identification of the modem part from /proc/pci is:

> >   Communication controller: 3Com unknown (rev. 32), Vendor id=10b7,
> >   Device id=1007.

> > I'd be very grateful if we could somehow coax 3Com to make Linux drivers
> > for these things...

> I am using a IBM T22 that comes with a lucents winmodem too

> got the drivers for that from the site that i mention earlier.

> and its working great..!

Yep - the difference is in Lucent and 3Com...

Tauno Voipio

1. How to change time on built-in clock in Dell Latitude XPi laptop?

Last Fall one of my Java instructors gave me his old laptop.
It works fine in some ways, but the internal clock is seven hours ahead
of the correct time. I thought at first the timezone was set to GMT
instead of PDT, but I noticed that Cloudscape was reporting times in
PDT that were seven hours ahead of correct PDT, and then this Monday I
learned how to program in JavaScript and I asked it to tell me both
local time and UT and it told me local time that was seven hours ahead
of PDT and it told me UT which was seven hours ahead of UT, so I know
it's really the clock bad not timezone on UT.

So I went into super-user mode and change the date to have correct
time, and everything had the right time until I shut down the computer
for the night and restarted it the next day only to find the time was
back to correct-plus-seven-hours again. So every time I start the
computer I have to spend several minutes setting the time back seven
hours, or suffer files that have date-last-written seven hours in the
future.

I presume there's some internal hardware clock that is kept running by
some battery, and that internal clock is seven hours ahead of the
correct time, and every time the system is restarted the system clock
is set from that internal clock. Can somebody please tell me how to set
that internal hardware clock back seven hours so I won't have to
manually set back the system clock every time I restart the system?

Note: it's running RedHat Linux 6.1 with GNOME.

2. IHHD for Linux?

3. Browser Question (Plug-ins) m-w.com

4. A couple of questions

6. Installing mod_auth_mysql

7. shell built ins

8. CONTRACT UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS NEEDED - uxsysad.fly [1/1]

9. Subject: Ksh93 question: special built-ins: why are they special?

10. Compare file modification date using tcsh built-ins

11. Shells and built-ins

12. supraexpress modems (28.8) problems w/dial-ins

13. getty_ps2.0.7 Still my modem does not accepts dial-ins.