IOMEGA REBATE RIP-OFF SCAM UNCOVERED

Post by John K. Weav » Mon, 06 Jan 1997 04:00:00

If you are waiting for the rebate on your zip drive to come, you are being
played for a sucker by yet another unscrupulous corporation. Some people have
waited over 20 months.
Don't waste anymore time. You can file a complaint for fraud at the website
listed below via e-mail.  Iomega corporation has been giving many different
people many different excuses, stories, and reasons why there have been no
rebates sent. This is obviously willfull acts of deceit and fraud. There is
only one version of the truth right!!! CONTACT AND ACT...
The National Fraud Information Center (NFIC) maintains a toll-free Consumer
Assistance Service, 1-800-876-7060, to provide consumers with answers to
questions about telephone or mail solicitations, information about how and
where to report fraud, referral services, and help in filing complaints. The
NFIC Consumer Assistance Service is available from 9:00am to 5:30pm EST, Monday
through Friday. The toll-free number is in service in the United States, Puerto
Rico, and Canada. Spanish-language service is available. The consumer complaint
information is instantly available to assist law enforcement agencies through a
database operated by the FTC and the National Association of Attorneys General.

In addition, the NFIC offers free information and advice on suspicious offers
and consumer fraud and includes daily alerts and updates.

Currently IOMEGA is getting ready to leave the US to exploit cheap foreign
labor so
act now before they aquire international immunity.

IOMEGA REBATE RIP-OFF SCAM UNCOVERED

Post by matthew l burrio » Sat, 11 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hey...I got my rebate...it was a little late, but they sent a letter
apologizing about the delay a few weeks before it would have come
anyway.  There's no scam, just a slight delay...I'm sure you've NEVER
been late before, huh?

IOMEGA REBATE RIP-OFF SCAM UNCOVERED

Post by Tom Bil » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>If you are waiting for the rebate on your zip drive to come, you are being
>played for a sucker by yet another unscrupulous corporation. Some people have
>waited over 20 months.

I got mine.  Maybe they are making you wait to see just how mad you'll get.

Actually I got 4 rebates back from them :)

Tom

1. IOMEGA CORP. ZIP DRIVE REBATE RIP-OFFS

If you are waiting for the rebate on your zip drive to come, you are being
played for a sucker by yet another corporation with an unethical attitude.
[...]

IOMEGA deserves just what its going to get, I personally am tired of hearing
about corporations cheating people on both ends, coustomer rip-offs as well as
worker rip-offs (pension fund disapearences etc. bail-outs, overseas
exploitations etc.

2. Beware of Barricade routers; may not serve port 80 as advertised

3. Beware Diamond Multimedia Rebate Scam

4. Toshiba SatPro 460 CDX problems

5. WP 6.0 a rip-off!

6. access.conf conflicts...

7. OnTrack DM 7.0 == Rip-off

8. computer-security/security-patches FAQ

9. Memory Mail-Order Rip-Off

10. Domain Name Rip-Off and Total Internet Catastrophe

11. YA I THINK MOST SCAM LINUX-HEADS ARE JERK-OFFS TOO

12. memorycity.com/Memory City FL 32547 is a rip off

13. turn rip off on solaris machine