Microtech USB CameraMate Support?

Post by davidden.. » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the Microtech USB CameraMate
compact flash card reader to work under Linux?

I've searched all over the place but haven't found anything.
Specifically, I'm not sure if this is a generic type of thing that
should work on a plug and play basis (since it's similar to other USB
card readers which apparently do), or if it needs a special driver.  If
it's supposed to work plug-and-play, as far as I can tell, it doesn't.
If it needs a special driver, either it doesn't exist or I need help
finding it.

Since the instructions I've found are a shade obscure, I'd like to have
an idea as to whether it would work at all before I plunge ahead.

I have kernel 2.2.14, and would like to know if upgrading to 2.4 would
solve the problem.  If this is generic, it probably would - but I have
no idea whether it is or not.  My current distribution is Mandrake 7.0.
If buying and installing a different (upgraded) distribution would solve
this one, I'm open to that as well; I look forward to the time-consuming
task of upgrading my kernel with some trepidation.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. USB microtech card reader

Any tips on getting this smart media reader working under linux? It shows
up as "scsi 0" and it seems to be at /dev/sda but when I try to mount it as
vfat  (or anything else)  is comes up with the wrong file type etc error.
Any other /dev like sda1 comes up as not there so I think I'm trying to
mount it right. --ANY-- help would be appriciated. BTW using the lastest
greatest kernel with mandrake 8.0 freq2 etc.

--

  Stephe

2. Firewall Happy

3. usb support on USB

4. DOS Emulator problem with VGA on Matrox

5. Microtech smart media reader?

6. DNS (windows NT or BIND) ??

7. Microtech and Linux

8. Sony CDU33A driver bugs [was: Yggdrasil CD problems]

9. Any driver for Microtech International's PC-Card Hard drive?

10. HELP: Anyone using Microtech ZiO! Compact Flash reader?

11. Microtech-PC Portable Drive 25 Enclosures - Wanted

12. USB, T-Online, Eumex 504PC USB [Was: Re: suse6.4 - usb]

13. Microtech Zio! CompactFlash reader (USBAT-02) problems