IBM SCSI-II PCI Adaptor - HELP

Post by Mark Hunte » Thu, 02 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have an IBM SCSI-II PCI adaptor and I was wondering if there were a Linux
driver for it? If so, could someone please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

IBM SCSI-II PCI Adaptor - HELP

Post by John Year » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00

IBM often contracts various manufacturers to produce periphereals for
them i.e. IBM AT fast SCSI adapter is actually produced by Future
Domain. Check the chipsets on the chip nad read the HOWTO-SCSI.
John Yeary
Marine Systems Engineer
Maine Maritime Academy
P.O. Box 252
Castine, Maine 04421-0252

WWW URL: http://bell.mma.edu/~jyeary/homepage.html

Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID

Key fingerprint = D0 5E 78 44 92 59 52 C1  F3 36 EF 78 DE 92 3F 91

Tel: +207-326-8806
Fax: +207-326-9164

1. ISA SoundBlaster 16 SCSI-II sol'n to PCI/SCSI-II lack of support??

Hi,

I'm fairly set on ordering a PCI 486/66 machine with SCSI-II peripherals already
on it.  Since the PCI/SCSI-II Linux drivers (namely those for the NCR chip) are
not finished I came up with one potential solution and would greatly appreciate
hearing about the feasibility of this temporary solution.  I especially
appreciate hearing from anyone that may have tried it or something similar.

I was thinking I could get a SoundBlaster 16 ISA card with the SCSI-II support on
it and hang all the SCSI-II periperals from that driver rather than from the
PCI/SCSI-II driver that will come with the system.  That _could_ work since the
SCSI-II driver that would be on the ISA SoundBlaster 16 card would be supported
by Linux.  Or at least that is the theory.

Anyone tried this?  Or used some other cheap ISA/SCSI-II driver for a temporary
(or permanent) solution on a PCI system?

Thanks,
Monica

2. best removable storage (tape, floptical...)?

3. help: IBM PCI/SCSI II

4. pass password to scp in korn script?

5. Linux on Netfinity with IBM ServRAID II SCSI-adapter

6. Nedit: Can′t find libXt.so.6 ?

7. Connecting PCI Dual Channel Ultra3 SCSI Adapter to non IBM RAID - Performance Problem!

8. Out of memory!

9. IBM SCSI-2 Fast PCI adapter?

10. driver for IBM SCSI-2 Fast PCI adaptor

11. IBM PCI Fast SCSI-2 Adapter

12. IBM SCSI-2 FAST PCI ADAPTER: is it supported?

13. Linux and IBM SCSI-2 Fast PCI adapter