Nakamichi MBR-7 seven disk CD-player

Post by K.D.Hulste » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello

Anybody got some news om using the MBR-7 in linux ?

Nakamichi site : http://www.nakamichi.de/
This site has lots of info about their drives.

The MBR-7 works on WinNT/W95, Os/2, Novell, dos.

grtz, kristof

Post by Leonard N. Zubkof » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

  Hello

  Anybody got some news om using the MBR-7 in linux ?

  Nakamichi site : http://www.nakamichi.de/
  This site has lots of info about their drives.

  The MBR-7 works on WinNT/W95, Os/2, Novell, dos.

These are now being sold locally in San Jose, CA, USA for $129 at Disk
Drive Depot (408/738-3895), the factory outlet for Corporate Systems Center
(408/734-3475) and http://www.corpsys.com.  I don't know if they are also
selling them by mail order, but it wouldn't surprise me.

With that price, I couldn't resist picking one up.  It seemed to work just
fine in some minimal Linux testing I did.  You need to be sure the
multi-LUN SCSI support is enabled, either at kernel configuration time or
by specifying "max_scsi_luns=8" to the kernel command line.

I haven't tried it myself, but I understand having multiple processes
fighting over which CD should be in the reader is a good way to wedge your
system.

                Leonard

1. Nakamichi MBR-7 (7 disc CD-ROM changer)

If you have experience with this equipment under Solaris 2.5, please
forward your comments to my friend Martin.

Thanks.

: Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 15:20:14 -0600

: Subject: Nakamichi MBR-7 (7 disc CD-ROM changer)
:
: Willard,
:
: Here is the question:  Has any one gotten a Nakamichi MBR-7 (aka Mountain CD-7)
: to work properly under Solaris 2.5/x86?  When I initially installed Solaris,
: the MBR-7 was on the list of devices to boot from (all 7 choices).  The
: volume manager will only recognize the first cd and I can't get it to see
: the other 6.  Does anyone have any solutions or work arounds for this
: drive/problem?
:
:
:
: Martin Lightheart
:
:
:

2. serial mouse doesn't work

3. 2.4.18 and cd-changer Nakamichi MBR-7

4. Problem with SB16

5. Searching Driver for Nakamichi CD-changer MBR-7

6. HP7200RW problems with recording audio

7. Nakamichi MBR-7 / SCSI hangs system

8. Xfree86 Config for #9 Vision330 (Trio64 chipset)

9. Nakamichi MBR-7

10. Problem with Nakamichi MBR-7 and executung files on Win/NT

11. Problem with Nakamichi MBR-7 and executing files on Win/NT

12. Nakamichi MBR-7