ALSA: help loading emu10k1 module

Post by Praed » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:06:31

Running Mandrake 8.2

I've followed the instruction on ALSA's site regarding loading my
sblive driver (ie. inserting the necessary lines into modules.conf). I
have already compiled everything but I'm getting the following error
when I try to call "modprobe snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1":
/lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz: unresolved symbol
snd_device_new_R428b452
(many of these lines for snd_xxxx)
modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz
failed
(repeat the entire error message again)
modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz
failed
modprove: insmod snd-card-emu10k1 failed

Any ideas on what my issue here is? Looks like when I compiled the
driver there were
some errors?

I'm still new at this....TIA for any help, it's much appreciated!

-Praedar

Post by Kenneth Rorvi » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:07:01

> Running Mandrake 8.2

> I've followed the instruction on ALSA's site regarding loading my sblive
> driver (ie. inserting the necessary lines into modules.conf). I have
> already compiled everything but I'm getting the following error when I
> try to call "modprobe snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1":
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz: unresolved symbol
> snd_device_new_R428b452
> (many of these lines for snd_xxxx)

Tried /sbin/depmod -a ? Not sure if this is the solution, but it doesn't
hurt to try.
--
mvh, Kenneth R?rvik
kenneth at argon.no-ip dot com   //   http://argon.no-ip.com

Post by arvidjaa » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 02:57:37

> Running Mandrake 8.2

> I've followed the instruction on ALSA's site regarding loading my
> sblive driver (ie. inserting the necessary lines into modules.conf). I
> have already compiled everything but I'm getting the following error
> when I try to call "modprobe snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1":
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz: unresolved symbol
> snd_device_new_R428b452
> (many of these lines for snd_xxxx)
> modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz
> failed
> (repeat the entire error message again)
> modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz
> failed
> modprove: insmod snd-card-emu10k1 failed

> Any ideas on what my issue here is? Looks like when I compiled the
> driver there were
> some errors?

Why would you ever need to compile drivers when all of them are already
included in Mandrake? Reinstall your original Mandrake kernel and add

alias sound-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1

to modules.conf and you get ALSA.

=arvi=

ALSA: help loading emu10k1 module

Post by Praed » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 02:48:46

Quote:

> > I've followed the instruction on ALSA's site regarding loading my
> > sblive driver (ie. inserting the necessary lines into modules.conf). I
> > have already compiled everything but I'm getting the following error
> > when I try to call "modprobe snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1":
> > /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz: unresolved symbol
> > snd_device_new_R428b452
> > (many of these lines for snd_xxxx)
> > modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz
> > failed
> > (repeat the entire error message again)
> > modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/alsa/snd-seq-device.o.gz
> > failed
> > modprove: insmod snd-card-emu10k1 failed

> > Any ideas on what my issue here is? Looks like when I compiled the
> > driver there were
> > some errors?

> Why would you ever need to compile drivers when all of them are already
> included in Mandrake? Reinstall your original Mandrake kernel and add

> alias sound-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1

> to modules.conf and you get ALSA.

> =arvi=

My good fellow, I have need to install the latest ALSA drivers to
accomdate an app for viewing audio/video in. Hence, in my efforts to
comply with the software requirements did I download the latest
drivers, compiled, tested insmod snd-card-emu10k1 , and reported the
above errors. There are also errors present in /var/log/messages in
regards to loading the abovementioned line in my modules.conf.

I have tried the --with-moddir=/lib/<kernelnumhere>/drivers/sound to
see if it would make a difference and it has not. Unfortunately I have
not though of other likely solutions to these "unresolved symbol"
errors. Has anyone experienced this before and had resolved it?

Again, my thanks,
-Praedar-

ALSA: help loading emu10k1 module

Post by arvidjaa » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:24:31

Quote:> My good fellow, I have need to install the latest ALSA drivers to
> accomdate an app for viewing audio/video in.

then download the current cooker kernel and libalsa2 from cooker. You get
the (almost) latest - cooker has rc1 and current are rc2.

=arvi=