WD/Paradise PCI video card

Post by Stephanos Ormr » Sat, 05 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

My boss at work said I could install Linux on one of our
Pentiums. I have looked in the appropriate howtos for all
the hardware and have found everything with one exception.

The video card. I know it is a Western Digital/Paradise
card but that's it. I can't find the chipset printed on
the card anywhere and there is no documentation to be
found.

The hardware howto and it lists WD cards as accelerated
and WD/P cards as unaccelrated but I don't know the exact
chipset of my card. I'm gonna guess that mine is an unaccelrated
card and I should use the WD/P video driver that comes with
Linux.

Any help or advice?

Thanks,
Steven

--

     ____
    /   / /    ___  __     /         __

      GCS d- -p+ c++ l+ u/- e+/* m-/* s+/- n- h/- f++ g+/- w+++ t++ r-- y+

             Designated Drinker of San Marcos, Republic of Texas

1. Slakware 3.0 & WD Paradise Bahamas Video Card

First off, I'm green, 'k?

I just installed Slakware 3.0 in a 486i/32M with a  WD Paradise Bahamas
Video Card (S3 chipset). Now, the XConfig doesn't mention this card by name
(or I'm blind/not looking in the right place), but it does name a lot of
other cards that use the S3.

I don't want to guess which settings to use, and I've never set up X
before--actually, I had a version of RedHat with X, but I didn't do
anything, if you know what I mean. The RedHat install program did it all.

I figure someone out here might be able to tell me exactly where to go (no,
not there...I know the way) to get the info I need.

If it matters, and I'm sure it will, I've got an old Orchestra/Trumpet 14"
SVGA monitor.

Any help I get to successfully install X on my box will result in the
provider receiving my heart-felt thanks, and possibly having me name my
first-born after them, or the pet of their choice.

Thanks in advance.
Vic

2. 3Com specifications

3. Paradise Pipeline WD-9710 video card support?

4. egcs C compiler problem

5. Need help with WD/Paradise 90C33 Video Card

6. Linux and multi-processors

7. WD/Paradise Video Problems

8. Can nis(yp) go through router?

9. Need Help setting up WD Paradise wd90c33 video

10. Help : WD paradise BAHAMAS card

11. need Xconfig for WD/Paradise value accel. card

12. help configuring XFree86 with NEC Versa E (WD/Paradise card)

13. Paradise VLB WD90C31 card: What is the video card?