Cardinal 33.6 PnP modem

Post by james penr » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

   I purchased a Cardinal 33.6 v.32 modem!!  The problem is I have Plug
and Play.  If any one knows where I can get SlackWare 2.0 support please
let me know!!
                             Thanks,
                             James

Cardinal 33.6 PnP modem

Post by Daniel Holdr » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>   I purchased a Cardinal 33.6 v.32 modem!!  The problem is I have Plug
>and Play.  If any one knows where I can get SlackWare 2.0 support please
>let me know!!

Only plug and pray support I know of is here:

http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pnp-linux.html

Works for my AWE32 PnP, most of the time anyway. Unfortunately you'll
probably have to patch the kernel to make it work right.

Dan

>                             Thanks,
>                             James

1. Cardinal 33.6 PnP won't work

Has anyone been able to set up a Cardinal 33.6 PnP with Redhat 5.0?  I've
tried everything.

You can't disable PnP with jumpers, so I went to using isapnptools.  They
come up at bootup telling me the card's ID, and I've gone into isapnp.conf
telling isapnp what settings to use.  But when I bring up minicom (the only
way I know to test it), I never get the OK.  No matter what COM and IRQ I
set it to.  I have a PS/2 mouse so I don't need to worry about that.  And
nothing else is using any other COM.

Please!!!   If anyone has info, let me know.        TIA.

2. problems with 98 and Solaris setup

3. Help - Cardinal 33.6 External Modem

4. Config problems: no modes!

5. Pls help me bringing Cardinal 33.6 kbd modem up

6. Performance of Linux and BSD

7. Cardinal 33.6 modem

8. FAQ: comp.lang.awk: pointer

9. help: My SuperExpress 33.6 PnP internal modem does not work.

10. Modem problems with USR Sportster Voice 33.6 PnP and RedHat

11. The definitive ZOOM Diamond 2800 SVD SupraExpress ISA 33.6 PnP internal modem install!

12. CPI 33.6 PnP modem

13. Newbie & Problem with PnP Supra (Diamond) 33.6 Modem