Western Digital WD7193 PCI SCSI controller

Western Digital WD7193 PCI SCSI controller

Post by roo » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I got the Western Digital PCI scsi-2 controller [wd7193] and can't find a
driver for it - does anyone know if such a driver exists?  I'm running
kernel 2.0.28.  Supposedly a driver for SCO UNIX and OpenServer, but I
can't find anything for Linux...

Post by Ralph Jenning » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> I got the Western Digital PCI scsi-2 controller [wd7193] and can't find a
> driver for it - does anyone know if such a driver exists?  I'm running
> kernel 2.0.28.  Supposedly a driver for SCO UNIX and OpenServer, but I
> can't find anything for Linux...

Check out:
  http://www.neosoft.com/~traveler/WD719X.html

--

Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-1016 (2400-28800, N81)

Western Digital WD7193 PCI SCSI controller

Post by roo » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>> I got the Western Digital PCI scsi-2 controller [wd7193] and can't find a
>> driver for it - does anyone know if such a driver exists?  I'm running
>> kernel 2.0.28.  Supposedly a driver for SCO UNIX and OpenServer, but I
>> can't find anything for Linux...

>Check out:
>  http://www.neosoft.com/~traveler/WD719X.html

I saw that page, but (as far as I could tell) the driver wasn't tested
past compiling successfully because he did not know what address to init
the card on.. (SUPPOSEDLY western digital has the true tech manual in the
mail to me, so perhaps it will be in there, in which case I will let him
know.. but I'm not holding my breath.)

I'm hopeful that once that last (first?) step is completed, the driver
will work.  Is this the only driver for this card under production?

1. Help: Western Digital PCI SCSI Controller WD7193

Hi,
can anyone tell me how to get my WD7193 to work with Linux? Where to get
the device driver source?
If I could get any technical information about the WDC33C296A and the WD
BIOS, I would try to write my own driver, but where to get the data
sheets? Is there a way to get direct contact to a Western Digital support
line?
Thanx,
Michael

2. console on SunFire 280R

3. Linux and Western Digital WD7193 SCSI Controller

4. pipe problem

5. Western Digital WD7193 PCI SCSI host

6. Finding Info On Tape Drive

7. Western Digital PCI SCSI Adapter WD7193 ???

8. hosts.allow/deny question

9. Western Digital WD7193 PCI SCSI-2 card

10. Western Digital WD7193 SCSI2 PCI card

11. Western Digital 7296a PCI SCSI Controller & Linux

12. PCI SCSI controller WD7296a by Western Digital

13. Is there support for Western Digital PCI SCSI Controllers yet?