Reveal CDROM

Post by Byron A Je » Tue, 28 Mar 1995 11:48:56

I have a friend with a Reveal CDROM multimedial kit. The soundcard works
fine but the CDROM isn't picked up. This kit seems to have the Panasonic
model CDROM on it and he has followed the Panasonic instructions to the letter
with no joy.

Can anyone suggest how to get this CDROM working?

I believe he's running a 1.1.54 kernel.

BAJ
--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff - PhD student operating in parallel - And Using Linux!

Reveal CDROM

Post by Jim Maun » Sun, 02 Apr 1995 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>I have a friend with a Reveal CDROM multimedial kit.

I have the same drive.  I configured kernel 1.1.59 and answered that I
had a Panasonic drive.  Probe finds it at 0x300 and calls it a LaserMate.
I've also upgrade my kernel to 1.1.91 and it still finds my cd-rom.

Hope this helps your friend.