Help: Doesn't recognizeTosshiba IDE CD-ROM drive

Help: Doesn't recognizeTosshiba IDE CD-ROM drive

Post by Aravind Mellige » Sun, 09 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I just got a machine which has Toshiba IDE cd-rom in it. I downloaded
idecd.gz from ftp.cdrom.com. My boot disk doesn't recognize the cd-rom.
Do I have to give some ramdisk params?.

please let me know...
thanks,
--aravind

1. HELP - IDE CD-ROM doesn't mount after install on x86

I recently installed Solaris 2.5 on my x86 box.

I used the driver update boot disks and driver disks

everything works fine, but I can't mount my IDE-CDROM after installation

I looked in /dev/dsk and all the disks are c0d0* (Controller 0 disk 0 ??)

My CD-ROM is on the secondary controller. which is listed in
/platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/ata.conf

I'm going to try `boot -r` which i saw here, but does anyone else have any
suggestions?

Thanks

John Moschetto

2. WLAN 802.11b Security FAQ

3. RH 5.0 doesn't recognize IDE CD ROM drive

4. Socket.setSoTimeout() misbehaves under Linux?

5. HELP: Red Hat install doesn't recognize my SCSI CD-ROM or Hard drives

6. Real Audio proxy software?

7. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

8. CHAP and Worldnet

9. RH 3.0.3 doesn't recognize Pioneer IDE CD-ROM

10. IDE CD-Rom doesn't like SCSI emulation with CDRW

11. RH 4.2 installation can't find my IDE CD-ROM drive

12. Red Hat Linux 3.0.3 doesn't recognize my CD-ROM drive during installation

13. Linux 1.2.8 doesn't recognise Pioneer ATAPI CD-ROM drive