optical mouse (SUN) at PC ?

Post by Michael Hoffma » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Is there any possibility to connect an optical mouse of a sun to a pc
?

Any idea ? Any experience ?

optical mouse (SUN) at PC ?

Post by vp24n.. » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there any possibility to connect an optical mouse of a sun to a pc
>?

I once had a Mouse Systems PC based optical mouse, and a Sun Type 4 mouse all
in the same place at one time, so I took them apart to see if this could be
done. Externally, they are identical. Functionally, they are identical. The Sun
mouse even says "Mouse Systems" on the bottom.

From my experience, the answer is MAYBE. The physical mouse is the same, the
printed circuit board is the same, but the electronics inside are completely
different. If you were to remove all the electronics and the cable from the
Sun mouse, and replace them with new parts so the electronics match that of the
PC mouse, you could rewire the Sun mouse. I haven't attempted this yet, and I
do not have access to the PC mouse anymore, so I can't copy it.

If someone has made a schematic of the PC version, I would be interested in
obtaining a copy of it.

1. Mouse Systems PC Optical Mouse and X?

Are any of you using this mouse with XFree86?

I suppose it's silly to ask if a Mouse Systems mouse is
"mousesystems" compatible but I've found real differences in
Logitech mice--some work, some don't.

Thank you for your attention.

--
Brad

2. Help Installing Slackware 3.0

3. SUN's mouse used for PC PS/2 mouse port ??

4. IRC Server for Linux?

5. SUN optical mouse

6. POP/SMTP==IP Adr. ?

7. Difference between optical and non optical (balled) mouse

8. answer to how to make WORKMAN work by User

9. WTB:*NON* Optical mouse for Sun SparcStation2

10. Sun Blade 100 Optical Mouse

11. SUN optical mouse

12. Mouse Systems optical mouse with Metro-X?

13. 3-button *Optical* Mouse Systems Mouse