Turtle Beach Montego A3D sound cards

Post by Alan Davie » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

From looking around various sites, it would seem that my PCI sound card is
not yet supported on RedHat.  It uses Sound Blaster Pro compatibility under
DOS for games - can I set this card up to produce even basic sound
capability in Linux such as playing an audio CD??  Please help me if there
is something I can do as working mute is depressing :o((

Al

Turtle Beach Montego A3D sound cards

Post by Dan Nguye » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

: From looking around various sites, it would seem that my PCI sound card is
: not yet supported on RedHat.  It uses Sound Blaster Pro compatibility under
: DOS for games - can I set this card up to produce even basic sound
: capability in Linux such as playing an audio CD??  Please help me if there
: is something I can do as working mute is depressing :o((
You can't.  TB Montego loads drivers to emulate SB.  None exist for
linux, and will probably never exist.  Wait a few more months until
OSS (www.opensound.com) release the driver.

--
           Dan Nguyen            | There is only one happiness in

http://www.cse.msu.edu/~nguyend7 |                   -George Sand