slackware setup doesn't detect VERTOS CD-ROM drive

slackware setup doesn't detect VERTOS CD-ROM drive

Post by Michael Gutzma » Wed, 07 Jun 1995 04:00:00

After building swap and Linux native partitions I was going to
install Slackware from a CD-ROM drive. Unfortunately the
slackware setup wasn't able to detect that drive, although I booted
with a kernel from a floppy disk that should support cdrom
drives. I've got a double speed drive named "Vertos" from
an asian company "Elite Group"(IDE/ATAPI-compatible).

Is there a spezial kernel to detect my drive and
if so where is that kernel available ?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Michael Gutzman
Cadlab Paderborn

1. VERTOS CD-ROM hasn't been detected during Slackware Installatio n

After building swap and Linux native partitions I was going to
install Slackware from a CD-ROM drive. Unfortunately the
slackware setup wasn't able to detect that drive, although I booted
with a kernel from a floppy disk that should support cdrom
drives. I've got a double speed drive named "Vertos" from
an asian company "Elite Group"(IDE/ATAPI-compatible).

Is there a spezial kernel necessary to detect my drive and
if so where is that kernel available ?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Michael Gutzman
Cadlab Paderborn

2. SATAN Connection Question

3. Linux 1.2.1/slackware 2.2 doesn't recognize atapi cd-rom drive

4. kmail deleting headers

5. Solaris 2.6 doesn't detect SCSI CD-ROM

6. A few DiskSuite queries

7. Help...Linux doesn't detect my CD-ROM

8. WinFast 680 AGP - S3 VIRGE GX2 chipset

9. RH 6.0 doesn't detect SCSI CD-ROM

10. SCSI CD-ROM detected as device sr0 but /dev/sr0 doesn't exist

11. Slackware won't detect my Pioneer CD-ROM

12. Unable to detect Mistumi CD-ROM drive during setup.

13. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive