toshiba portege 7000

Post by Charles Webe » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Mine does not boot rh5.1 install disk (2.0.34)or toms root/boot rescue
(2.0.35) disk.  It gets to select install mode and then restarts or with
toms to the screen settings and restarts.  Perhaps there is hope in the
future, or do I have to try rh rawhide.
Any info appreciated.....

Chuck Weber

1. portege 310CT (Re: Toshiba Portege 3010CT and hibernate)

I have a Portege 310CT. My installation is RedHat  5.0, with kernel upgraded to
2.0.36.
The reason I recompiled is that RedHat 5.0 did not provide a Kernal with both APM
and PCMCIA support (who would ever want PCMCIA, but not APM?).
APMD is installed and working, so "standby" works OK.  But no matter what I try,
suspend mode does not work - always fails to resume, forcing a reboot (which
always
causes some inodes to be corrupted, but that has not been a serious problme yet).

I suspect that my laptop's notion of "suspend" is that same as the Libretto's
"hibernate", but I cannot say for sure.  I know that "standby" mode just blanks
the screen and spins donw the drive - which is not insuffifient conservation of
my puny 1.5 hour battery life.

I have 64MB physical memory, so I experimented with leaving 70+ megs of
unpartitioned space at the end of the hard drive, in case the Portege needs
some "invisible" space like the Libretto.  This did not help me.  I do not know
what to try next - the tech specs on the Toshiba site do not document this
at all (for that matter, they don't document the Librettoe either - how did
anyone figure out where to reserve the invisible disk area?)

Help!

2. xfig on Aix

3. Linux on new Toshiba protege 7000?

4. SCSI timeouts when booting with Adaptec 1542CF/Seagate ST31230N

5. Linux on a Toshiba Portege 7010?

6. Background ftp transfers

7. X with Toshiba Portege 7140ct

8. Houston Meeting

9. toshiba portege IDE

10. Toshiba Portege 320CT with LCD res of 1024x600

11. wireless connection between a Toshiba Portege 4010 and a Linksys WRT54G not working

12. Linux/XFree86 on Toshiba Portege 300CT???

13. how to change boot sequence in toshiba 2000 (portege)?