Trident 975

Trident 975

Post by WF » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00



I tried to install RH6.2 on my computer with a Trident 975 AGP chipset and
it won't do graphic install... I
installed earlier on on Mandrake 6.5 and I get similar problems... X just
either freezes or the resolution really sucks on a generic driver. Anyone
has encountered this problem before? My monitor is not a listed monitor but
I keyed in every information as stated in the manual but to no avail... Hope
to ehar from some kind soul... been really stuck with this problem for a
long time already. Thanx in advance.
 
 
 

Trident 975

Post by Stefan Viljoe » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00



Quote:> I tried to install RH6.2 on my computer with a Trident 975 AGP chipset and
> it won't do graphic install... I
> installed earlier on on Mandrake 6.5 and I get similar problems... X just
> either freezes or the resolution really sucks on a generic driver. Anyone
> has encountered this problem before? My monitor is not a listed monitor
but
> I keyed in every information as stated in the manual but to no avail...
Hope
> to ehar from some kind soul... been really stuck with this problem for a
> long time already. Thanx in advance.

Trident strikes again... I have the same problem as have 4 guys who posted
in here recently.

Why is the 3DImge 975 even listed as compatible with X? It isn't, at least
not without major work...

Regrads,

Stefan Viljoen

--
Starwars Forever!!!


http://home.intekom.com/rylan/

 
 
 

Trident 975

Post by sideban » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00


Uh... I beg to differ..


didn't even have to tweak the XF86Config, except to enable the mouse wheel on my
Logitech... ::shrug:: Mebbe it's another issue, and not the card.

Don't get me wrong, Trident DOES suck, but it's cheap, and really, who needs a
*good* graphics card in a machine that's only set up to do fileserving??

But it did work right out of the box on 3.3.6

-SSB




> > I tried to install RH6.2 on my computer with a Trident 975 AGP chipset and
> > it won't do graphic install... I
> > installed earlier on on Mandrake 6.5 and I get similar problems... X just
> > either freezes or the resolution really sucks on a generic driver. Anyone
> > has encountered this problem before? My monitor is not a listed monitor
> but
> > I keyed in every information as stated in the manual but to no avail...
> Hope
> > to ehar from some kind soul... been really stuck with this problem for a
> > long time already. Thanx in advance.

> Trident strikes again... I have the same problem as have 4 guys who posted
> in here recently.

> Why is the 3DImge 975 even listed as compatible with X? It isn't, at least
> not without major work...

> Regrads,

> Stefan Viljoen

> --
> Starwars Forever!!!


> http://home.intekom.com/rylan/

 
 
 

Trident 975

Post by Stefan Viljoe » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00



Quote:> Uh... I beg to differ..

I do too - *blush*. Managed to get mine going too - only in 640x480 so far,
but it works! It seems to have a problem with 16 bit color, forcing it to go
to 24bit is fine. Fanx for your help earlier!


32bpp. I
> didn't even have to tweak the XF86Config, except to enable the mouse wheel
on my
> Logitech... ::shrug:: Mebbe it's another issue, and not the card.

Guess so... works now in low res at least!

Thanks for your help,

Stefan

--
Starwars Forever!!!


http://home.intekom.com/rylan/